- Download the complete IFB-12-HHL-001 folder zip (156 mb)
- Download IFB-12-HHL-001 Addendum 1, Feb. 29, 2012 (83 mb PDF)
- Download IFB-12-HHL-001 Addendum 2, Mar. 7, 2012 (16 mb PDF)
RUS Bulletin 1780-26
IFB-12-HHL-001 – Kakaina Subdivision
Advertisement for Bids
Owner: Department of Hawaiian Home Lands
Address: P.O. Box 1879, Honolulu, Hawaii 96805
Sealed Bids for IFB-12-HHL-001 for the construction of on- and off-site infrastructure and lot grading for Kakaina Subdivision, Waimanalo, Oahu, Hawaii (TMK: 4-1-08: 10, 81 & 91) will be received by the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands (DHHL), Land Development Division at the 91-5420 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei, Hawaii 96707 until 2:00 p.m., Hawaii Standard Time, March 8, 2012 and then at said office publicly opened and read aloud. Bids received after the time fixed for opening or delivered elsewhere other than specified herein, will not be considered.
The project covered by this solicitation is the grading and construction of roads and appurtenant utility improvements for a 44-lot residential subdivision in Waimanalo, Oahu. The project consists of three portions: (1) DHHL Work, consisting of mass grading, roadway, drainage system, traffic control, and exterior electrical work; (2) Na Kupaa Work, consisting of sewer and water system work; and (3) Sandwich Isle Communications (“SIC”) Work, consisting of telecommunications infrastructure work. These three portions of work are set forth on pages 4 to 28 of the Bid Form.
It is in the best interests of the State for one contractor to be responsible for construction on the Project. Therefore, a single bidder shall be selected to perform all three portions of work identified in the plans and specifications. The winning responsive and responsible bidder shall have the lowest, combined bid for all three portions of work.
The winning bidder shall be required to enter into three separate contracts for the Project: (1) a contract with the State of Hawaii, Department of Hawaiian Home Lands covering the DHHL Work; (2) a contract with Na Kupaa o Kuhio for the Na Kupaa Work; and (3) a contract with Sandwich Isle Communications for the SIC Work. The contract amounts shall be as set forth in the bids for those respective portions of work. The contracts shall be in forms substantially similar to those included in the Bid Documents, subject to any additional State and Federal requirements that may apply.
The Contract Documents may be examined at the following location(s):
- DHHL at Hale Kalanianaole, 91-5420 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei, Hawaii 96707
- A file containing the Bidding Documents, construction plans, specifications, instructions, terms and conditions, and geotechnical report may be downloaded from the DHHL website: https://dhhl.hawaii.gov/procurement/ on or after February 7, 2012.
A PRE-BID INFORMATIONAL MEETING will be held on Tuesday, February 14, 2012, at 9:00 a.m., at the Waimanalo Hawaiian Homestead Association Community Center, 41-253 Ilauhole Street, Waimanalo. A PROJECT-SITE VISIT shall be conducted immediately following the informational meeting. All potential interested bidders, offerors, subcontractors, and union representatives are invited to attend. Attendance by potential interested bidders is mandatory. Persons needing special accommodations due to a disability may contact Darrell Ing via facsimile at (808) 620-9299.
Written NOTICE OF INTENT TO BID is required and must be received by the DHHL, Land Development Division, no later than ten (10) days prior to the date/time advertised for opening of bids. Submittal of Notice of Intent to Bid by facsimile at (808) 620-9299 is acceptable.
To be eligible to submit a bid, the Bidder and/or his subcontractors must possess all required valid State of Hawaii licenses and specialty licenses needed to perform the work for this project. A surety bid bond will be required for this IFB.
This project is subject to Section 103D, Hawaii Revised Statutes, to the requirements for Equal Employment Opportunity, and to the payment of not less than the prevailing salaries and wages promulgated by the State of Hawaii, Department of Labor and Industrial Relations.
A properly executed and notarized STANDARD QUALIFICATION QUESTIONNAIRE FOR OFFERORS SPO-21 form (“Questionnaire”), must be submitted to the DHHL for evaluation no later than two (2) working days prior to the date advertised for the opening of bids. The Questionnaire can be downloaded at the State Procurement Office website: www.spo.hawaii.gov, under Forms for Vendors/Contractors.
This solicitation is subject to Section 103D-1002, Hawaii Revised Statutes (HRS), as amended by Act 175 (Session Laws of Hawaii (SLH) 2009), regarding preference for Hawaii products. For products not currently on the Hawaii products list, the manufacturers and producers must complete and submit form SPO-38 to DHHL. The form must be received by DHHL no later than 2:00 p.m., February 23, 2012. Submittal by facsimile (808 620-9299) or e-mail ([email protected]) is acceptable.
Bids must comply with the requirements of the IFB. Bids that do not comply with the IFB may be subject to disqualification. DHHL reserves the right to amend the IFB by written addenda, to reject any and all proposal or to waive any defects in said proposals where DHHL deems it is in the best interest of the State.
Questions regarding this project may be directed in writing toDarrell Ing, DHHL Land Development Division, P.O. Box 1879, Honolulu, HI 96805, via fax at (808) 620-9299, or by e‑mail to [email protected].
DEPARTMENT OF HAWAIIAN HOME LANDS
/S/ M. Waialeale Sarsona
Albert “Alapaki” Nahale-a, Chairman
Hawaiian Homes Commission
February 7, 2012
Posted on the internet at: www.spo.hawaii.gov
- SECTION 01 – NOTIFICATION AND INFORMATION
- 01a Notice to Bidders (RUS B1780-26, Attachment E)
- 01b Instructions to Bidders (RUS B1780-26, Attachment F)
- 01c State Wage Rate Schedule 476
- 01d State Apprentice Wage Rate Schedule 476
- 01e Federal Wage Rate Schedule
- 01f List of Construction Trades in Registered Apprenticeship Programs
- SECTION 02 – CONTRACTOR’S SUBMITTAL
- 02a Bid Form (RUS B1780-26, Attachment G)
- 02b Compliance Statement (RD 400-6)
- 02c Certification Regarding Debarment, Suspension, Ineligibility and Voluntary Exclusion – Lower Tier Covered Transactions (AD-1048)
- 02d Certification for Contracts, Grants, and Loans (Instruction 1940-Q, Exhibit A-1)
- 02e Bid Bond (EJCDC No. C-430)
- SECTION 03 – SAMPLE DHHL CONTRACT
- 03a Sample DHHL Contract (AG-003)
- 03b General Conditions (AG-008)
- 03c DHHL Interim General Conditions (August 16, 2005)
- SECTION 04 – SAMPLE NA KUPA’A CONTRACT
- 04a Agreement between Owner and Contractor (EJCDC No. C-520)
- 04b General Conditions (EJCDC No. C-700)
- 04c Supplementary Conditions (RUS B1780-26)
- SECTION 05 – SAMPLE SIC CONTRACT
- 05a Telecommunications System Construction Contract (RUS FORM 515)
- 05b Specifications and Drawings for Construction of Direct Buried Plant (RUS FORM 515a)
- SECTION 06 – SAMPLE FORMS
- 06a Notice of Intent to Bid
- 06b Standard Qualification Questionnaire (SPO-21)
- 06c Tax Clearance (DOTAX Form A-6)
- 06d DLIR Certificate of Compliance Form (LIR#27)
- 06e Corporate Resolution
- 06f Procurement Directive 2007-02
- Exhibit A – Surety Bond
- Exhibit B – Performance Bond (Surety)
- Exhibit C – Performance Bond
- Exhibit D – Labor and Material Payment Bond (Surety)
- Exhibit E – Labor and Material Payment Bond
- Exhibit F – Combination Performance and Payment Bond
- Exhibit G – Performance Bond (Surety) for Supplemental Agreement for Goods and Services
- Exhibit H – Performance Bond for Supplemental Agreement for Goods and Services
- Exhibit I – Contractor Acknowledgment
- Exhibit J – Surety Acknowledgment
- 06g Certification for Hawaii Product Preference (SPO Form-38)
- 06h Certificate of Compliance for Final Payment (SPO Form-22)
- 06i USDA, RUS Notice of Award (EJCDC No. C-510)
- 06j USDA, RUS Performance Bond (EJCDC No. C-610)
- 06k USDA, RUS Payment Bond (EJCDC No. C-615 OR C-615A)
- 06l USDA, RUS Application for Payment (EJCDC No. C-620)
- 06m USDA, RUS Change Order (EJCDC No. C-941)
- 06n USDA, RUS Certificate of Substantial Completion (EJCDC No. C-625)
- SECTION 07 – TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- SECTION 08 – GEOTECHNICAL REPORT
- SECTION 09 – CONSTRUCTION PLANS