Department of Hawaiian Home Lands
After some delay due to technical difficulties, DHHL Application Wait Lists updated to June 30, 2012, were posted to our site today. Check the lists on our Wait List page at:
For information on applying for a Hawaiian Homestead award, please see:Read More
- Click to download a PDF of the DHHL slide presentation to the Senate Committee on Tourism and Hawaiian Affairs on May 23, 2013
Approval of Criteria, Process and Next Steps to Remove the Moratorium on Subdivisions and Transfer of Agriculture and Pastoral Leases
STATE OF HAWAII
DEPARTMENT OF HAWAIIAN HOME LANDS
May 20, 2013
To: Chairman and Members, Hawaiian Homes Commission
Through: Darrell Yagodich, Planning Program Manager
From: Bob Freitas, Planner
Subject: Approval of Criteria, Process and Next Steps to Remove the Moratorium on Subdivisions and Transfer of Agriculture and Pastoral Leases
ITEM NO. G-1
That the Hawaiian Homes Commission:
1) Approve Criteria to allow Subdivisions and Transfer of Agriculture and Pastoral Leases pursuant to HAR 10-3-26(f) (see section “C” of submittal);
2) Accept Beneficiary Consultation Report (see appendix);
3) Approve Next Steps to implement HAR 10-3-26(f) (see section “F” of submittal) .Read More
Another brand new home has been designed and constructed by Hawaiʻi Community College students in Hilo, Hawaiʻi.
This is the 46th home built by the college since the school launched its Model Home Program in 1965. The best part of the program, according to students and organizers: the annual ceremony where the house keys are officially turned over to the new homeowner.
“Oh it felt great,” said Fred Palea, the lucky Hawaiian Home Lands lessee right after he walked into his new home for the first time. “I am really ecstatic and excited about this house and it feels warm, welcoming, and I think our family is really going to enjoy this house.”
The three-bedroom, two-bath, 1,800-square-foot home includes a carport, solar water heating, a photovoltaic system, landscaping with native plants and an aquaponics garden.
Read the entire article and watch the video on the UH News Site:Read More
Notice of Annual
Hawaiian Homes Commission
Regular Meetings On Moloka’i
On Monday, May 20, 2013, at 9:30 a.m.
and Tuesday, May 21, at
11:00 a.m. 10:30 a.m. (Time changed as of 5/14)
at Kūlana ‘Ōiwi Multi-Purpose Conference Room
(600 Maunaloa Highway, Kalamaula)
Annual Hawaiian Homes Commision
Moloka‘i Homestead Community Meeting
On Monday, May 20, 2013 from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
at Lanikeha Community Center (Farrington Ave., Ho‘olehua)
COMMUNITY MEETING AGENDA
- 6:30 – 7:00 p.m. DHHL Update
- 7:00 – 7:30 p.m. Homestead Community Update
- 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. Open House*
- 8:30 p.m. Adjournment
* During Open House, representatives from DHHL divisions will be available for one-on-one consultation and to answer any questions.
For further information or special accommodations for a sign language interpreter or accessible parking (must be made five days prior to the meeting date), please contact : Information and Community Relations Office on O‘ahu at 808-620-9590.Read More