PS-21-LDD-005, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Services Statewide
NOTICE TO PROVIDERS OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Services Statewide
In accordance with §103D-304, HRS, the State of Hawaii, Department of Hawaiian Home Lands (DHHL) is seeking qualified firms to provide Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Services Statewide.
General Scope of Services
DHHL will be requiring services of an unmanned aerial vehicle operator on an “as-needed” basis. The services will be established by work order, with a lump sum fee negotiated for each work order based on pre-established hourly rates for services.
Typical services would include, but are not limited to:
- Aerial photography of construction activities.
- Aerial photography for inspection of existing infrastructure and facilities to determine maintenance requirements.
- Aerial photography of vacant lands for land management purposes, including:
- Flood, or other storm damage
- Potential rockfall hazards
- Determination of unauthorized entry and/or illegal activities.
- Aerial photography of properties for potential acquisition.
- Aerial photography of special events and/or for publicity purposes.
- Survey and mapping of lands, including, but not limited to, topographic surveys, estimating cut/fill quantities.
- LiDAR data collection for topographic maps of densely vegetated sites.
- Magnetometer surveys for detection of unexploded ordinance or underground utilities.
- All the data acquired from the services conducted is the exclusive property of the State.
- All the data shall be provided to DHHL in a format that is compatible with ESRI ArcGIS and other data management platforms.
- All the data shall include metadata, preferably in ISO or FGDC format, including at a minimum: collection date(s), spatial reference (projection, horizontal datum, vertical datum), units, spatial resolution, number (and wavelengths) of bands if applicable, classification codes if applicable, and attribute descriptions.
- Provider must be licensed and insured and be responsible for securing the necessary air space approvals.
- Task orders may require data manipulation such as conversion to GIS map products, preparing imagery for use in an ArcGIS Enterprise or Online environment, LIDAR outputs and any other conversions.
- The time of performance for this contract shall be two years from the date specified in the Notice to Proceed. The contract may be extended for an additional two years upon mutual agreement in writing at least 60 days prior to expiration.
Response to this Notice
Individuals or firms who wish to be considered in the selection for this project must submit the following by the deadline below:
- A summary of no more than three pages (single-sided) of their interest and qualifications for the project which should include the capacity to accomplish the work as required.
- UAV Questionnaire, which may be downloaded from the following websites:
- Copy of Operating Procedures
- Copy of Certificate of Liability Insurance
- Any other related information.
Responses shall be electronically submitted via e-mail to:
no later than 2:00 p.m. on February 26, 2021. All required documents must be included when submitting the response. Only responses submitted via e-mail shall be considered for award. Award shall be based on the evaluation criteria stated below. Failure to submit any required documents may be grounds for rejection of the submittal.
The DHHL will use the following evaluation criteria to evaluate firms who submitted the required information by the deadline above:
- Experience and professional qualifications relevant to the project, including range of services offered – 40%;
- Past performance on projects of similar scope for public agencies or private industry, including corrective actions and other responses to notices of deficiencies – 30%; and
- Capacity to accomplish the work as required, including types of available equipment – 30%.
Contractors are hereby notified of the applicability of Section 11-205.5, HRS, which states that campaign contributions are prohibited from specified State or County government contractors during the term of the contract if the contractors are paid with funds appropriated by the legislative body. For more information, contact the Campaign Spending Commission at (808) 586-0285.
Questions regarding this project may be directed in writing to Darrell Ing, Land Development Division, DHHL, 91-5420 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei, Hawaii 96707, via facsimile at (808) 620-9299, or e-mail to [email protected].
DEPARTMENT OF HAWAIIAN HOME LANDS
William J. Aila, Jr., Chairman
Hawaiian Homes Commission
Posted on the internet at: https://hands.ehawaii.gov/hands/opportunities