NOTICE TO PROVIDERS OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
- Download a PDF version of PS-15-LDD-001
- Construction Management Services for the Lalamilo Development, Waimea, South Kohala, Island of Hawai
- Published Sept. 3, 2014
- Closes Sept. 24, 2014
In accordance with §103D-304, HRS, the State of Hawaii, Department of Hawaiian Home Lands (DHHL) is seeking qualified engineering firms to provide Construction Management Services for the Lalamilo Development, Waimea, South Kohala, Island of Hawaii – Job PS-15-LDD-001
General Scope of Services
The project involves:
- Lalamilo Housing Phase 1, Kawaihae Road Improvements
- Start of construction: June 3, 2014 (Construction Ongoing)
- Estimated total construction time: 9 months
- Lalamilo Housing Phase 2A, Increment 1 and Lalamilo Housing Phase 2A, Kawaihae Road Improvements at South Kohala Distribution Road
- Start of construction: March 18, 2013 (Construction Ongoing)
- Estimated total construction time: 24 months
A construction manager is needed to monitor the various contractors’ work to insure compliance with the plans and specifications, resolve potential conflicts when contractors may be working in abutting areas or in close proximity with each other, ensure proper coordination between project phases, and help address other constructability issues.
Response to this Notice
- Individuals or firms on DHHL’s 2015 qualified DPW 120 list are invited to submit a letter of their interest and current qualifications for the project. Please submit four copies of no more than five pages (single-sided). Only those individuals who submit their expression of interest and current qualifications to the public notice will be considered for this project. The letter should include the following:
- Capacity to accomplish the work in the required time
- Individuals or firms who are not on the DHHL’s 2015 qualified DPW 120 list and wish to be considered in the selection for this project must submit four copies of the following by the deadline below:
1. A summary of no more than five pages (single-sided) of their interest and qualifications for the project which should include the following:
- Capacity to accomplish the work in the required time.
- DPW Form 120. The DPW Form 120 may be downloaded from the following website:
3. Any other related information.
- Responses must be received by 2:00 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time (HST), Sept. 24, 2014, at the following address:
Department of Hawaiian Home Lands
Land Development Division
91-5420 Kapolei Parkway
Kapolei, Hawaii 96707
Attention: Jeffrey Y. Fujimoto
Responses received after the deadline above (including those sent by the United States Postal Service, or by private mail services, such as Federal Express) or delivered anywhere other than as specified above will not be considered.
The DHHL will use the following evaluation criteria to evaluate firms who submitted the required information by the deadline above:
- Experience and professional qualifications relevant to the project – 35%;
- Past performance on projects of similar scope for public agencies or private industry, including corrective actions and other responses to notices of deficiencies – 33%; and
- Capacity to accomplish the work in the required time – 32%.
Contractors are hereby notified of the applicability of Section 11-205.5, HRS, which states that campaign contributions are prohibited from specified State or County government contractors during the term of the contract if the contractors are paid with funds appropriated by the legislative body. For more information, contact the Campaign Spending Commission at (808) 586-0285.
For additional information, please call Jeffrey Y. Fujimoto at (808) 620- 9274
DEPARTMENT OF HAWAIIAN HOME LANDS
Jobie M. K. Masagatani, Chairman
Hawaiian Homes Commission