Yorktown Rehabilitation – Kalaeloa
Yorktown Rehabilitation Project – Kalaeloa
DHHL is proposing to rehabilitate an existing former military personnel quarters building at the corner of Yorktown and Enterprise in Kalaeloa. The building currently has 20 units that are either vacant or are used as office space. DHHL’s intent is to rehabilitate 18 of the units for use as temporary transitional housing for homeless native Hawaiian beneficiaries that are on DHHL’s applicant wait lists. These beneficiaries would not be removed from the applicant Waiting List if they accept this temporary housing. It is an opportunity for DHHL to assist beneficiaries that are not currently positioned to accept a lease award. This is not a long-term housing solution for these beneficiaries, but rather an opportunity to have safe and secure housing as they transition into a more permanent housing solution.
The existing building is located on lands currently designated for light industrial uses. DHHL would like to re-evaluate the land use based on the updated General Plan land use designations to be consistent with the intended use. As part of this re-evaluation, DHHL is seeking to consult with its beneficiaries in the Kapolei and ‘Ewa areas.
- Beneficiary Informational Meeting #1 – August 23, 2022, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Beneficiary Consultation Meeting – TBD
- Chapter 343 Environmental Compliance
- Exemption Declaration published in The Environmental Notice, issue April 8, 2021
- US Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Environmental Review Record (ERR) Compliance
- Categorical Exclusion completed- August 24, 2022
- Public Comment Period September 2, 2022 thru September 10, 2022.
- The ERR is available for review at HUD’s CPD Public System