South Moloka`i Shoreline Erosion Management Plan
SOUTH MOLOKAI SHORELINE EROSION MANAGEMENT PLAN
The Department of Hawaiian Home Lands (DHHL), in consultation with its Kapa‘akea and Kamiloloa-One Ali‘i beneficiaries and other shoreline stakeholders, is developing an erosion management plan for shoreline areas along the southern coast of Molokai in the ahupua‘a of Kapa‘akea, Kamiloloa and Makakupa‘ia. This project was initiated in response to lessees experiencing chronic and episodic erosion and ocean inundation in these homestead areas, and will
- assess underlying causes,
- identify effective and sustainable shoreline erosion management strategies, and
- educate the community as to causes and appropriate responses.
If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact Nancy McPherson, DHHL Planner, at [email protected] or (808)620-9519.
- Meeting #2 – Project Orientation – January 31, 2019
- Additional Information – Shoreline Erosion, King Tides, etc.