NOTICE TO BIDDERS
INVITATION FOR BID
Department of Hawaiian Home Lands
Land Development Division
IFB NO.: 12-HHL-009
- IFB-12-HHL-009.zip download zip archive of PDF documents
- Clearing and Cleaning Makuu Well No. 3088-01, Halona, Puna, Hawaii
- Posted May 8, 2012
- IFB-12-HHL-009-Addendum-1.pdf posted May 22, 2012
- IFB-12-HHL-009-Addendum-2.pdf posted June 7, 2012
- Expires June 12, 2012, 2:00 p.m., HST
SEALED BIDS for IFB No.: IFB-12-HHL-009, Clearing and Cleaning Makuu Well No. 3088-01, Halona, Puna, Hawaii, will be received by the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands (DHHL), at Hale Kalanianaole, 91-5420 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei, Hawaii 96707, until 2:00 p.m., Hawaii Standard Time (H.S.T.) Tuesday, June 12, 2012, at which time all bids will be publicly opened and read aloud. Bids received after the time fixed for opening or delivered anywhere other than as specified above will not be considered.
This project consists of the following: the well shall be cleared and cleaned out of all loose rocks and other debris between the depths of approximately 800 feet and 930 feet, which interval includes approximately 100 feet of 16-inch diameter stainless steel louvered screen casing and 30 feet of 15-inch diameter open hole. The clearing and cleaning of the well shall be performed with rotary rig utilizing properly sized and special drilling tools. In order to protect and minimize damage to the well casing, special non-rotating, steel-reinforced, rubber sleeve stabilizers shall be used on the drill pipe during all rotary drilling and clearing operations. Work must be performed according to the Technical Specifications included in the IFB.
To be eligible to submit a bid, the Bidder and/or his subcontractors shall possess all required valid State of Hawaii licenses and specialty licenses needed to perform the work for this project. A surety bid bond will be required for this IFB.
This project is subject to Section 103D, Hawaii Revised Statutes, and to the payment of not less than the prevailing salaries and wages promulgated by the State of Hawaii, Department of Labor and Industrial Relations.
Bid documents may be examined at or obtained from DHHL at:
Department of Hawaiian Home Lands Web site: http://dhhl.hawaii.gov/procurement
There is no fee assessment to download the IFB documents from the DHHL Web site.
It is the responsibility of Interested Bidders to check the DHHL Web site for any addenda issued by DHHL.
A NON-MANDATORY PRE-BID MEETING will be held at 10:00 a.m. , H.S.T, on Tuesday, May 15, 2012, at the DHHL, Land Development Division, at 91-5420 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei, Hawaii, 96707, to answer any questions regarding the IFB requirements. There will be no job-site visit following the pre-bid meeting. All interested potential bidders, offerors, subcontractors and union representatives are invited and attendance is optional. Persons needing special accommodations due to a disability may contact Mr. Patrick Young, Land Development Division, via facsimile at (808) 620-9299.
The project site is secured by a locked gate at the beginning of the access road. Bidders desiring access into the site, to make a visual observation of the existing conditions, may contact Mr. Patrick Young, Land Development Division, via facsimile at (808)620-9299 to make arrangements for access.
A written NOTICE OF INTENTION TO BID is required and shall be received by the DHHL, Land Development Division, at 91-5420 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei, Hawaii 96707, no later than 2:00 p.m., H.S.T., Friday, May 25, 2012. Submit tal of a NOTICE OF INTENTION TO BID via facsimile at (808) 620-9299 is acceptable.
A properly executed and notarized STANDARD QUALIFICATION QUESTIONNAIRE FOR OFFERORS, SPO Form-21 (“Questionnaire”) is required and shall be submitted to the DHHL for evaluation no later than ten (10) working days prior to the time advertised for the opening of bids. The Questionnaire can be downloaded at the State Procurement Office website: www.spo.hawaii.gov, under Forms for Vendors/Contractors/Service Providers.
Bids shall comply with the requirements of the IFB. Bids that do not comply with the IFB may be subject to disqualification. DHHL reserves the right to amend the IFB by written addenda, to reject any and all bids, or to waive any defects in said bids where DHHL deems it is in the best interest of the State.
Questions regarding this project may be directed in writing to Mr. Patrick Young, Land Development Division, DHHL, 91-5420 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei, Hawaii 96707 or via facsimile at (808) 620-9299.
Dated at Honolulu, Hawaii, this 8th day of May 2012.
DEPARTMENT OF HAWAIIAN HOME LANDS
S/Michelle K. Ka’uhane, Deputy to the Chairman
For Albert “Alapaki” Nahale-a, Chairman
Hawaiian Homes Commission
Posted on the internet at:
Clearing and Cleaning Makuu Well No. 3088-01 1
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- IFB-12-HHL-009.zip download zip archive of PDF of the following documents
IFB NOTIFICATION AND INFORMATION NO. OF PAGES
- IFB SIGN-IN SHEET…1
- IFB NOTICE…1-3
- STATE WAGE RATE SCHEDULE…1-17
- SECTION I – SECTION V…TS-1 – TS-10
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS EXHIBITS…TS-11 – TS-13
- DRAWINGS – CLEARING MAKUU WELL
SAMPLE DHHL CONTRACT
- CONTRACT FOR GOODS OR SERVICES (FORM AG-003 REV. 06/22/2009)…1-2
- CONTRACTOR’S ACKNOWLEDGMENT (FORM AG-009 REV. 07/25/2008)…1
- CONTRACTOR’S STANDARDS OF CONDUCT (FORM AG-010 REV. 11/15/2005)…1
- TIME OF PERFORMANCE (FORM AG-013 REV. 11/15/2005)…1
- SPECIAL CONDITIONS (FORM AG-015 REV. 11/15/2005)…1-13
- GENERAL CONDITIONS (FORM AG-008, 4/15/09)…1-16
- DHHL INTERIM GENERAL CONDITIONS (August 16, 2005)…1-81
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR BID SUBMITTAL…1-3
- TITLE PAGE (BID PACKAGE ENVELOPE COVER)…1
- BID OFFER FORM…1-17
- NOTICE OF INTENTION TO BID…1
- STANDARD QUALIFICATION QUESTIONNAIRE…1-17
- Clearing and Cleaning Makuu Well No. 3088-01 2 Table of Contents
- CORPORATE RESOLUTION…1
- EXHIBIT A – SURETY BOND…1-2
- EXHIBIT B – PERFORMANCE BOND (SURETY)…1-2
- EXHIBIT C – PERFORMANCE BOND…1-3
- EXHIBIT D – LABOR AND MATERIAL PAYMENT BOND (SURETY)…1-2
- EXHIBIT E – LABOR AND MATERIAL PAYMENT BOND…1-3
- EXHIBIT F – COMBINATION PERFORMANCE AND PAYMENT BOND…1-3
- EXHIBIT G – PERFORMANCE BOND (SURETY) FOR SUPPLEMENTAL
- AGREEMENT FOR GOODS AND SERVICES…1-2
- EXHIBIT H – PERFORMANCE BOND FOR SUPPLEMENTAL
- AGREEMENT FOR GOODS AND SERVICES…1-3
- EXHIBIT I – CONTRACTOR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT…1
- EXHIBIT J – SURETY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT…1
- SPO-38 CERTIFICATION FOR HAWAII PRODUCT PREFERENCE…1
- CERTIFICATION OF COMPLIANCE FOR FINAL PAYMENT…1
- FORM 1 – CERTIFICATION OF BIDDERS PARTICIPATION IN APPROVED
- FORM 1 – CERTIFICATION OF BIDDERS PARTICIPATION IN APPROVED
- APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM UNDER ACT 17…1-2
- FORM 2 – MONTHLY REPORT OF CONTRACTOR’S PARTICIPATION IN
- APPROVED APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM UNDER ACT 17…1
- CERTIFICATION OF COMPLIANCE FOR EMPLOYEMENT OF STATE RESIDENTS – COMPTROLLER’S MEMORANDUM NO. 2011-18, EXHIBIT 2…1