DHHL Launches Beneficiary Consultation on Proposed Rule ChangesPosted on Oct 26, 2015 in Meeting Announcements
The Department of Hawaiian Home Lands (DHHL) is kicking off a series of statewide meetings seeking beneficiary input on proposed rule changes related to the following topics:
- Genetic Testing: Proposes DHHL accept DNA tests to establish family ties in order to qualify for the Hawaiian Home Lands program.
- Lease Transfer: Proposes a process and requirements for transferring a vacant homestead lot (i.e. a lot with no home or other improvements built upon the land).
- Subsistence Lots: Proposes a new option in DHHLʻs agricultural program that supports a subsistence rural lifestyle.
The DHHL is currently re-examining the Administrative Rules governing department operations, and proposing to remove, add, or modify these rules to meet the changing needs and priorities of our beneficiaries. The department plans to propose several rule changes throughout the course of this administration. This first round of proposed rule changes are in direct response to beneficiary feedback the department received over the years.
The rulemaking process could take up to two years to complete and begins with Beneficiary Consultation meetings at the following locations and dates. All meetings scheduled to run from 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Lānaʻi – Tuesday, October 27, 2015
Lānaʻi High & Elementary School Cafeteria
555 Fraser Avenue, Lānaʻi City, Hawaiʻi 96763
- Nānākuli, O‘ahu – Monday, November 2, 2015
Nānāikapono Elementary School Cafeteria
89-153 Mano Ave., Wai‘anae, HI 96792
- Waimea, Hawai‘i – Monday, November 9, 2015
DHHL West Hawai‘i District Office – Kūhiō Hale
64-756 Māmalahoa Hwy., Kamuela, HI 96743
- Keaukaha, Hawai‘i – Tuesday, November 10, 2015
Keaukaha Elementary School Cafetorium
240 Desha Ave., Hilo, HI 96720
- Kaua‘i – Monday, November 23, 2015
King Kaumuali‘i Elementary School Cafeteria
4380 Hanamā‘ulu Rd., Līhu‘e, HI 96766
- Papakōlea, O‘ahu – Tuesday, November 24, 2015
Stevenson Middle School Cafeteria
1202 Prospect St., Honolulu, HI 96822
- Maui – Monday, November 30, 2015
Paukūkalo Community Center
655 Kaumuali‘i St., Wailuku, HI 96793
- Moloka‘i – Tuesday, December 1, 2015
Lanikeha Community Center
2200 Farrington Hwy., Ho‘olehua, HI 96729
- Kapolei, O‘ahu – Monday, December 7, 2015
DHHL Hale Pono‘ī
91-5420 Kapolei Pkwy., Kapolei, HI 96707
- Waimānalo, O‘ahu – Thursday, December 10, 2015 ***DATE CHANGE***
Blanche Pope Elemetnary School Cafeteria
41-133 Huli St., Waimānalo, HI 96795
***Meeting date changed as venue was no longer available on the previously publicized date.
Beneficiaries have until January 11, 2016, to provide manaʻo on this first round of proposed changes to the DHHL’s Administrative Rules.
For more information and to provide feedback via web, visit our DHHL Administrative Rules page at dhhl.hawaii.gov/DHHLRules.