RFQ-22-LDD-009, Dirt Stockpile at Lalamilo Phase 2A Subdivision
REQUEST FOR QUOTES
(CHAPTER 103D, HRS)
Regrading of Dirt Stockpile at Lalamilo Phase 2A Subdivision
Mahoe Street, Waimea, Hawaii 96743
RFQ No.: RFQ-22-LDD-009
Provide the labor, materials, and equipment for the regrade a portion dirt stockpiled in an open field for surveying work. UXO site support shall be provided when on site in accordance with the construction documents and technical specifications, and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and other related work. Any damage caused by the Contractor shall be repaired at no cost to DHHL to the satisfaction of the Project Manager. The Contractor shall be responsible to coordinate safety procedures with UXO support staff (ERRG) already on site. Labor wages shall comply with the current State of Hawaii wage rate schedule.
General Scope of Work
The Selected Contractor shall furnish all labor, equipment, materials and supervision to satisfactorily complete all work as described below and as shown on the attachment(s) provided.
- Dirt shall be relocated within 100 yards from original location across gravel road. See attached photos. Follow BMP during inclement weather conditions.
- Access is limited and heavy equipment shall need paths cleared by UXO team Engineering Remediation Resource Group (ERRG) prior to bulldozing or loading and hauling operations.
- Method for relocating stockpile shall be up to contractor based on a daily rate for the lowest price. Fuel cost shall be from a contingency amount based in the bid price. All receipts must be turned in for reimbursement and payment. Contractor shall visit site to become familiar with access points and locations of stockpiles of dirt. A detailed work schedule must be provided as work will be coordinated with ERRG to survey ground daily as dirt is moved.
- Prospective bidders are hereby alerted that there is the potential for the presence of Unexploded Ordinance (UXO) within the contract limits. The contractor shall discuss access and engage the services of the ERRG Supervisor at a preconstruction meeting prior to entering on site. ERRG will evaluate and survey to assess the likelihood and identify any areas which may require ordinance health and safety monitoring during construction. If it is assessed that such support shall be required, the Contractor shall be responsible for coordination of these services. Sign-in may be required for all personnel entering site.
General Excise Tax
General excise tax shall be inclusive in the Contractor’s bid, and shall be noted as a lump sum bid in the Bid Offer Form.
- Inspection and Monitoring
- The Contractor shall provide daily reports with photos of the work in progress along with Certified Payroll on a weekly basis.
- DHHL will make periodic inspections to verify work in progress by the Contractor.
- The Contractor shall notify DHHL prior to any work being done not indicated on the contract documents
- The contractor shall keep the site clean and neat at the end of each workday.
- DHHL does not provide any security, storage of equipment shall be at Contractor’s own risk.
Terms of Contract
The selected contractor shall enter into a contract for 20 calendar days subject to the availability of funds.
Required submittals prior to award: “Certificate of Vendor Compliance” found on this website: https://vendors.ehawaii.gov/hce/splash/welcome.html and a Certificate of Insurance for general liability insurance for $2,000,000 combined single limit per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate for bodily injury and property damage, and automobile insurance for $1,000,000 each person and $1,000,000 per accident and property damage of $1,000,000 per accident or combined single limit of $2,000,000. The State of Hawaii, the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands (DHHL), its elected and appointed officials, officers, and employees shall be named as additional insured parties for operations performed under this contract. The insurer shall notify DHHL in writing of any cancellation or change in provisions thirty (30) calendar days prior to the effective date of such cancellation or change. DHHL is a self-insured State agency. The Contractor’s insurance shall be primary. Any insurance maintained by the State of Hawaii shall apply in excess of, and shall not contribute with, insurance provided by the Contractor.
A site visit can be made by notifying the Project Manager at (808) 620-9286. Photos of site and stockpiles are attached for your reference only. Visiting site to verify field conditions is highly recommended, but not mandatory. Location is at the bottom of Mahoe St. below the County of Hawaii transfer station located on South Kohala Distribution Road, Kamuela, South Kohala, Island of Hawaii.
Bid Offers shall be electronically submitted via HIePRO no later than 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 6, 2022. The Bid Offer Form must also be attached as an attachment when submitting your offer via HIePRO. All offers shall be submitted as a total sum amount including all applicable taxes and fees. Only offers submitted through HIePRO shall be considered for award. Award shall be based on the lowest qualified Total Base Offer Amount. Failure to submit the Bid Offer Form may be grounds for rejection of the Bid Offer. A performance and payment bond equal to one hundred per cent of the Total Base Offer Amount will be required if the Total Base Offer Amount exceeds $50,000.
The work shall be completed within 20 consecutive calendar days after the Notice to Proceed is issued. The liquidated damages per calendar day for failure to complete the work on time shall be $250.00 per calendar day. Upon completion, the Contractor shall clean-up the worksite of all materials, construction debris and rubbish as described.
Contact Personnel: Kelbert Yoshida (Project Manager)……………. 620-9286