Hale Pono’i Reservations
Hale Pono‘i Policy
Download the Hale Ponoʻī Reservation Form and Information Packet PDF
Use of Facility:
When not in use for Department of Hawaiian Home Lands (DHHL) functions or meetings; Hale Pono‘i may be made available to Hawaiian homestead organizations, organizations sponsored by a Division of DHHL, non-profit organizations, cultural, educational, and community service groups whose purpose is consistent with DHHL’s mission, goals, and objectives.
Hale Pono‘i may not be used for fund-raising, private social gatherings, religious services, political campaigns, or for the benefit of private individuals or commercial enterprise.
Admission fees or donations solicited directly or indirectly from those attending a meeting or function, is prohibited.
Hours of Availability:
When not in use by DHHL, Hale Ponoʻī is available Monday thru Friday during normal business hours from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Request for use other than normal business hours requires approval from the Office of the Chair (OCH).
- May be made up to six (6) months in advance. Applications will be processed on a first come, first served basis.
- To allow sufficient time to process an application, the application must be submitted five (14) business days prior to the meeting date.
- An application will not be processed if a copy of the representatives’ photo ID is not attached.
- After processing, the representative will receive confirmation by e-mail. Hale Pono’i should not be considered reserved until a confirmation is received.
- Confirmed reservations are not transferable to another organization or group.
- $50 per day, facility use fee applies.
- Reservations are restricted and must be used only by the requesting organization or group; and may not be submitted on behalf of, or substituted for use by another organization or group.
- Reservation times should include time required to set-up and clean-up the room.
- Reservations require a minimum of five (5) attendees.
- Every effort will be made to avoid this possibility; however, if a confirmed reservation must be cancelled, DHHL will provide the representative 24-hour notice. Fees collected will be returned within thirty (30) business days.
- If a meeting is cancelled, the representative must provide 24-hour notice to the Office of the Chairman. If an organization or group cancels more than two (2) times in a six (6) month period without notifying the Office of the Chairman, the organization or group may lose the privilege to reserve Hale Pono’i.
Hale Ponoʻī Rules
The following is prohibited on DHHL premises:
- Use of drugs and alcohol; which is strictly enforced.
- Skateboards, roller blades, roller skates, bicycles, or scooters.
- Double parking or parking on the access road. The access road must remain clear for emergencies. All vehicles must park within designated parking stalls.
- NO Food and beverages inside Hale Ponoʻī. Refreshments may be served and eaten on the patio.
- Glue, nails, and staples within the interior or on the exterior of Hale Ponoʻī. Use of tacks or tape on approved surfaces require prior approval from the Office of the Chair.
- Failure to ensure appropriate use, conduct, and behavior by all persons while using Hale Pono‘i and its’ surrounding premises, may result in loss of privilege for future reservations.
- Prior to vacating the premises, chairs, tables, and equipment must be returned to their original positions. See configuration illustrated in the reservation form packet download.
- All debris must be cleared and removed from Hale Pono‘i. If the trash bin outside the doors of Hale Pono‘i becomes full; the trash bag should be removed, the trash bin relined with a new liner, and the trash bag disposed of in the dumpster located at the right side of the main building.
- Any damages to the contents, interior or exterior of Hale Pono‘i incurred during use by an organization or group must be reported to Security and/or Staff on site before leaving the premises.
- DHHL will not be held liable or responsible for any lost or stolen personal items while using Hale Pono‘i.
- DHHL Does not offer WIFI or use of electrical equipment, including extension cords.
- NO removal of any tables, chairs, or any other furnishings from Hale Pono’i
Failure to comply with Hale Ponoʻī Policy and Rules may result in loss of privilege to reserve Hale Pono‘i.
91-5420 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei, Hawaii 96707
For more information, please call (808) 620-9500