Puukapu Hybrid Water System UpdatePosted on Jun 3, 2014 in Media Releases
On May 20, 2014, the Hawaiian Homes Commission approved the Puukapu Hybrid Water System Equipment and Installation Fees, and Interim Water Rates for One Year.
1) DHHL will schedule a Community Information Meeting in June 2014 to complete the Internal Elevation Agreement and Lease Addendum with lessees, and to update the community on the Puukapu Hybrid Water System. DHHL then execute the Elevation Agreement and Lease Addendum with the lessees.
2) DHHL contractor Isemoto Contracting Co., Ltd. is currently flushing and refilling the water system. The process should be completed in approximately two weeks.
3) DHHL is procuring the Operation & Maintenance (O&M) Services Contract with contractor ITC Water Management, Inc. DHHL anticipates contractor to start O&M services by the end of summer 2014.
4) DHHL will then place the Puukapu Hybrid Water System in operation.
5) Construction to address safety concerns at Fire Roads 9, 11 and 14 is complete. DHHL is preparing to procure a new Contractor to address other safety concerns listed in a DHHL traffic study. DHHL anticipates the roadway improvements to be completed by early 2015. Upon completion of the road improvements, DHHL will accept the roadways and amend the pastoral lease to reflect the actual commencement date.
Jeffrey Y. Fujimoto
Department of Hawaiian Home Lands
Land Development Division
91-5420 Kapolei Parkway, Room 124 I
Kapolei, Hawaii 96707
Phone: 808-620-9274, Fax: 808-620-9299
E-mail: [email protected]