NOTICE TO PROVIDERS OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
- Download a PDF of PS-14-LDD-008
- Posted November 8, 2013
- Expires November 26, 2013
In accordance with §103D-304, HRS, the State of Hawaii, Department of Hawaiian Home Lands (DHHL) is seeking qualified engineering firms to provide Engineering Services for the Kapaakea Flood Mitigation Improvements for Five Homesteads in Kaunakakai, Island of Molokai – Job PS-14-LDD-008.
General Scope of Services
The DHHL is seeking professional design engineering services to prepare bid plans and specifications for construction of flood mitigation measures to protect five homesteads from flooding in Kapaakea, Kaunakakai, Molokai, identified as tax map keys: (2) 5-4-07: 09, 10, 11, 24 and 25. The scope of work will also include preparation of any required environmental assessment documents, plans and specifications and bid package for flood protection improvements, obtaining necessary permits and services during construction.
Response to this Notice
A. Individuals or firms on DHHL’s FY14 qualified DPW 120 list are invited to submit a letter of their interest and current qualifications for the project. Please submit four copies of no more than five pages (single-sided). Only those individuals who submit their expression of interest and current qualifications to the public notice will be considered for this project. The letter should include the following:
- Capacity to accomplish the work in the required time
B. Individuals or firms who are not on the DHHL’s FY14 qualified DPW 120 list and wish to be considered in the selection for this project must submit four copies of the following by the deadline below:
- 1. A summary of no more than five pages (single-sided) of their interest and qualifications for the project which should include the following:
- Capacity to accomplish the work in the required time.
- DPW Form 120. The DPW Form 120 may be downloaded from the following website:
- Any other related information.
C. Responses must be received by 2:00 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time (HST), November 26, 2013 at the following address:
Department of Hawaiian Home Lands
Land Development Division
91-5420 Kapolei Parkway
Kapolei, Hawaii 96707
Attention: Sandra Pfund
Responses received after the deadline above (including those sent by the United States Postal Service, or by private mail services, such as Federal Express) or delivered anywhere other than as specified above will not be considered.
DHHL will use the following evaluation criteria to evaluate firms who submitted the required information by the deadline above:
- Experience and professional qualifications relevant to the project – 35%;
- Past performance on projects of similar scope for public agencies or private industry, including corrective actions and other responses to notices of deficiencies – 33%; and
- Capacity to accomplish the work in the required time – 32%.
Contractors are hereby notified of the applicability of Section 11-205.5, HRS, which states that campaign contributions are prohibited from specified State or County government contractors during the term of the contract if the contractors are paid with funds appropriated by the legislative body. For more information, contact the Campaign Spending Commission at (808) 586-0285.
For additional information, please call Sandra Pfund at (808) 620-9271.
DEPARTMENT OF HAWAIIAN HOME LANDS
Jobie M. K. Masagatani, Chair
Hawaiian Homes Commission