NOTICE TO BIDDERS
INVITATION FOR BID
Department of Hawaiian Home Lands
Land Development Division
IFB NO.: IFB-13-HHL-003
- Download the IFB-13-HHL-003.pdf package
- Puukapu Pastoral Lots Roadway Repairs
- Posted February 15, 2013
Closes March 22, 2013
- IFB-13-HHL-003 Addendum 1
- Posted March 19, 2013
- Bid opening changed from March 22, 2013 to
MARCH 27, 2013 at 2:00 p.m.
SEALED BIDS for IFB No.: IFB-13-HHL-003, PUUKAPU PASTORAL LOTS ROADWAY REPAIRS, PUUKAPU, County of Hawaii, State of Hawaii, will be received by the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands (DHHL), at Hale Kalanianaole, 91-5420 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei, Hawaii 96707, until 02:00 p.m., Hawaii Standard Time (H.S.T.) Friday, March 22, 2013, at which time all bids will be publicly opened and read aloud. Bids received after the time fixed for opening or delivered anywhere other than as specified above will not be considered.
This project consists of roadway safety improvements, which include clearing and grubbing, roadway widening, grading, installing signs, and adjusting utilities and fencing.
To be eligible to submit a bid, the Bidder and/or his subcontractors shall possess all required valid State of Hawaii licenses and specialty licenses needed to perform the work for this project. A surety bid bond will be required for this IFB.
This project is subject to Section 103D, Hawaii Revised Statutes, and to the payment of not less than the prevailing salaries and wages promulgated by the State of Hawaii, Department of Labor and Industrial Relations.
Bid documents may be examined at or obtained from DHHL at the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands Web site: http://dhhl.hawaii.gov/procurement/
There is no fee assessment to download the IFB documents from the DHHL Web site.
It is the responsibility of Interested Bidders to check the DHHL Web site for any addenda issued by DHHL.
All prospective bidders/offerors are invited to attend a PRE-BID CONFERENCE to be held 9:00 a.m., H.S.T, on February 22, 2013, at the West Hawaii District Office, 55 Mile Marker, 64-756 Mamalahoa Hwy., Kamuela, Hawaii. Attendance of the pre-bid meeting is not mandatory but strongly recommended. Subcontractors and union representatives are invited, but not required to attend. The conference is to provide bidders/offerors with an opportunity to ask questions about the contractual requirements and technical aspects of the project. A voluntary site visit of the project site will follow the pre-bid conference. Persons needing special accommodations due to a disability may submit such requests to Jeffrey Fujimoto, Land Development Division, via facsimile at (808) 620-9299.
A written NOTICE OF INTENTION TO BID is required and shall be received by the DHHL, Land Development Division, at 91-5420 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei, Hawaii 96707, no later than 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, March 12, 2013. Submittal of a NOTICE OF INTENTION TO BID via facsimile at (808) 620-9299 is acceptable.
A properly executed and notarized STANDARD QUALIFICATION QUESTIONNAIRE FOR OFFERORS, SPO Form-21 (“Questionnaire”) is required and shall be submitted to the DHHL for evaluation no later than ten working days prior to the day designated for opening bids. The Questionnaire can be downloaded at the State Forms Central website: http://hawaii.gov/forms/state-procurement-office.
Bids shall comply with the requirements of the IFB. Bids that do not comply with the IFB may be subject to disqualification. DHHL reserves the right to amend the IFB by written addenda, to reject any and all bids, or to waive any defects in said bids where DHHL deems it is in the best interest of the State.
Questions regarding this project may be directed in writing to Jeffrey Fujimoto, Land Development Division, DHHL, 91-5420 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei, Hawaii 96707 or via facsimile at (808) 620-9299.
Dated at Honolulu, Hawaii, this 15th day of February, 2013.
DEPARTMENT OF HAWAIIAN HOME LANDS
Jobie M. K. Masagatani, Chairman Designate
Hawaiian Homes Commission
Posted on the internet at:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- IFB NOTIFICATION AND INFORMATION PAGE
- IFB SIGN-IN SHEET
- IFB NOTICE
- STATE WAGE RATE SCHEDULE
- APPRENTICE WAGE RATE SCHEDULE
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- SAMPLE DHHL CONTRACT
- CONTRACT FOR GOODS OR SERVICES (FORM AG-003 REV. 06/22/2009)
- CONTRACTOR’S ACKNOWLEDGMENT (FORM AG-009 REV. 07/25/2008)
- CONTRACTOR’S STANDARDS OF CONDUCT (FORM AG-010 REV. 11/15/2005)
- TIME OF PERFORMANCE (FORM AG-013 REV. 11/15/2005)
- CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION FROM CIVIL SERVICE (FORM AG-014 REV.6/26/2006)
- SPECIAL CONDITIONS (FORM AG-015 REV. 11/15/2005)
- GENERAL CONDITIONS (FORM AG-008, 4/15/09)
- DHHL INTERIM GENERAL CONDITIONS (August 16, 2005)
- CONTRACTOR’S SUBMITTAL
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR BID SUBMITTAL
- TITLE PAGE (BID PACKAGE ENVELOPE COVER)
- BID OFFER FORM
- SAMPLE FORMS
- NOTICE OF INTENTION TO BID
- STANDARD QUALIFICATION QUESTIONNAIRE
- CORPORATE RESOLUTION
- EXHIBIT A – SURETY BOND
- EXHIBIT B – PERFORMANCE BOND (SURETY)
- EXHIBIT C – PERFORMANCE BOND
- EXHIBIT D – LABOR AND MATERIAL PAYMENT BOND (SURETY)
- EXHIBIT E – LABOR AND MATERIAL PAYMENT BOND
- EXHIBIT F – COMBINATION PERFORMANCE AND PAYMENT BOND
- EXHIBIT G – PERFORMANCE BOND (SURETY) FOR SUPPLEMENTAL AGREEMENT FOR GOODS AND SERVICES
- EXHIBIT H – PERFORMANCE BOND FOR SUPPLEMENTAL
- AGREEMENT FOR GOODS AND SERVICES
- EXHIBIT I – CONTRACTOR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
- EXHIBIT J – SURETY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
- SPO-38 CERTIFICATION FOR HAWAII PRODUCT PREFERENCE
- FORM 1 – CERTIFICATION OF BIDDERS PARTICIPATION IN APPROVED APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM UNDER ACT 17
- FORM 2 – MONTHLY REPORT OF CONTRACTOR’S PARTICIPATION IN APPROVED APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM UNDER ACT 17
- CERTIFICATION OF COMPLIANCE FOR EMPLOYMENT OF STATE RESIDENTS – COMPTROLLER’S MEMORANDUM NO. 2011-18, EXHIBIT 2