NOTICE TO BIDDERS
Department of Hawaiian Home Lands
Land Development Division
IFB NO.: IFB-12-HHL-008
Published Feb. 17, 2012 | Expires Mar. 26, 2012
IFB-12-HHL-008-Addendum-1 Published Mar. 12, 2012
IFB-12-HHL-008-Addendum-2 Published Mar. 15, 2012
IFB-12-HHL-008-Addendum-3 Published Mar. 23, 2012
- Download the complete IFB-12-HHL-008 packet (50mb Zip Archive)
- Download IFB-12-HHL-008 Addendum 1 (16mb PDF)
- Download IFB-12-HHL-008 Addendum 2 (421kb PDF)
- Download IFB-12-HHL-008 Addendum 3 (9.1mb PDF)
SEALED BIDS for IFB No.: IFB-12-HHL-008, PART I, LALAMILO HOUSING PHASE 2A, INCREMENT 1, Waimea, South Kohala, Island of Hawaii, State of Hawaii (TMK 3-6-6-01:10&77); and PART II, LALAMILO HOUSING PHASE 2A, KAWAIHAE ROAD IMPROVEMENTS AT SOUTH KOHALA DISTRIBUTION ROAD, Waimea, South Kohala, Island of Hawaii, State of Hawaii, respectively, will be received by the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands (DHHL), Land Development Division, at Hale Kalanianaole, 91-5420 Kapolei Parkway, Kapolei, Hawaii 96707 until 2:00 p.m., Hawaii Standard Time (H.S.T.), March 26, 2012, at which time all bids will be publicly opened and read aloud. Bids received after the time fixed for opening or delivered elsewhere other than specified herein, will not be considered.
The Lalamilo Housing Phase 2A, Increment 1 project will construct a new 83 residential lot development. The project consists of mass grading 39.5 acres within the Lalamilo Phase 2A, Increment 1 project site to accommodate construction of roadways and appurtenant utility improvements (i.e. drainage, water, power, and communications). The work includes furnishing all labor, materials, equipment and other incidentals necessary for the completion of the project.
The Lalamilo Housing Phase 2A, Kawaihae Road Improvements at South Kohala Distribution Road project will channelize and widen the existing Kawaihae Road at the Kawaihae Road/South Kohala Distribution Road intersection. The new section of Kawaihae Road will contain 3 new auxiliary lanes. The middle lane in the Kawaihae bound direction, entering the intersection, will be designated as an exclusive left-turn only lane (onto South Kohala Distribution Road) into the proposed Department of Hawaiian Home Lands (DHHL) Lalamilo 2A Subdivision. The middle lane in the Kawaihae bound direction, exiting the intersection, will be designated as a merge lane, in which drivers will enter Kawaihae Road from the South Kohala Distribution Road. The right lane in the Waimea (Kamuela) bound direction will be designated as an exclusive right turn lane onto South Kohala Distribution Road. The project consists of widening the existing roadway, restriping the new widened roadway and relocating affected traffic signs and utilities. The work includes furnishing all labor, materials, equipment and other incidentals necessary for the completion of the project.
To be eligible to submit a bid, the Bidder and/or his subcontractors must possess all required valid State ofHawaiilicenses and specialty licenses needed to perform the work for this project. A surety bid bond will be required for this IFB.
This project is subject to Section 103D, Hawaii Revised Statutes, to the requirements for Equal Employment Opportunity, and to the payment of not less than the prevailing salaries and wages promulgated by the State of Hawaii, Department of Labor and Industrial Relations.
Bid documents may be examined at or obtained from DHHL at the Department of Hawaiian Home Lands Website: http://dhhl.hawaii.gov/procurement/
There is no fee assessment to download the IFB documents from the DHHL Web site. It is the responsibility of the Interested Bidders to check the Website for any addenda issued by DHHL.
A mandatory PRE-BID CONFERENCE will be held at 11:00 a.m., H.S.T., on February 28, 2012, at the West Hawaii District Office at 64-756 Mamalahoa Highway, Kamuela, Hawaii, 96743, to answer any questions regarding the IFB requirements. A JOB-SITE VISIT will be held immediately following the pre-bid informational meeting. All potential interested bidders, offerors, subcontractors and union representatives are invited to attend. Attendance by potential interested bidders is mandatory. Persons needing special accommodations due to a disability may contact Jeffrey Fujimoto via facsimile at (808) 620-9299.
Written NOTICE OF INTENT TO BID is required and must be received by the DHHL, Land Development Division at91-5420 Kapolei Parkway,Kapolei,Hawaii96707, no later than 4:00 p.m., H.S.T, March 14, 2012. Submittal of Notice of Intent to Bid by facsimile at (808) 620-9299 is acceptable.
A properly executed and notarized STANDARD OF QUALIFICATION QUESTIONNAIRE FOR OFFERORS SPO-21 form (“Questionnaire”), must be submitted to the DHHL for evaluation no later than two (2) working days prior to the date advertised for the opening of bids, unless the bidder has previously filed a Questionnaire with the DHHL within the previous two years. The Questionnaire can be downloaded at the State Procurement Office website: http://hawaii.gov/spo/notices, under Forms for Vendors/Contractors.
Bids must comply with the requirements of the IFB. Bids that do not comply with the IFB may be subject to disqualification. DHHL reserves the right to amend the IFB by written addenda, to reject any and all bids or to waive any defects in said bids where DHHL deems it is in the best interest of the State.
Questions regarding this project may be directed in writing to Mr. Jeffrey Fujimoto, DHHL Land Development Division,P. O. Box 1879,Honolulu,HI 96805, via fax at (808) 620-9299, or by e‑mail to [email protected].
DEPARTMENT OF HAWAIIAN HOME LANDS
Albert “Alapaki” Nahale-A, Chairman
Hawaiian Homes Commission
- Posted on the internet at: http://hawaii.gov/spo/notices
- Posted on the internet at: http://dhhl.hawaii.gov/procurement/
- SECTION 01 – NOTIFICATION AND INFORMATION
- 01a Notice to Bidders (RUS B1780-26, Attachment E)
- 01b Instructions to Bidders (RUS B1780-26, Attachment F)
- 01c General Conditions (AG-008, 4/15/09)
- 01d DHHL Interim General Conditions (August 16, 2005)
- 01e State of Hawaii Special Conditions
- 01f State Wage Rate Schedule 476
- 01g State Apprentice Wage Rate Schedule 476
- 01h Federal Wage Rate Schedule
- 01i List of Construction Trades in Registered Apprenticeship Programs
- 01j Sample State of Hawaii Contract for Goods and Services
- 01k State of Hawaii – Contractor’s Acknowledgement
- 01l State of Hawaii – Contractor’s Standards of Conduct Declaration
- 01m State of Hawaii – Time of Performance
- SECTION 02 – CONTRACTOR’S SUBMITTAL
- 02a Title Page
- 02b Offer Form
- 02c Bid Form
- SECTION 03 – SAMPLE FORMS
- 03a Standard Qualification Questionaire
- 03b Tax Clearance Form A-6
- 03c DLIR Certificate of Compliance Form (LIR#27)
- 03d Corporate Resolution
- 03e Certification for Hawaii Product Preference
- 03f Exhibit A – Surety (Bid) (Proposal) Bond
- 03g Exhibit B – Performance Bond (Surety)
- 03h Exhibit C – Performance Bond
- 03i Exhibit D – Labor and Material Payment Bond (Surety)
- 03j Exhibit E – Labor and Material Payment Bond
- 03k Exhibit F – Combination Performance and Payment Bond
- 03l Exhibit G – Performance Bond (Surety) for Supplemental Agreement for Goods and Services
- 03m Exhibit H – Performance Bond for Supplemental Agreement for Goods and Services
- 03n Exhibit I – Contractor Acknowledgment for Use With and Performance and Payment Bonds
- 03o Exhibit J – Surety Acknowledgment
- SECTION 04 – TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- SECTION 05 – GEOTECHNICAL REPORT
- 05a Geotechnical Exploration Report Department of Hawaiian Home Lands Lalamilo RS10 Subdivision Project (Separate Bound Report)
- SECTION 06 – CONSTRUCTION PLANS
- 06a Grading and Construction Plans for Lalamilo Housing Phase 2A, Increment 1 (Separate Bound Drawings)
- 06b Construction Plans for Lalamilo Housing Phase 2A, Kawaihae Road Improvements at South Kohala Distribution Road (Separate Bound Drawings)