Hawaiian Homes Commission
Department of Hawaiian Home Lands
91-5420 Kapolei Parkway
Kapolei, Hawaii 96707
[Click for Map]
P.O. Box 1879
Honolulu, Hawaii 96805
Operator: (808) 620-9500
INFORMATION AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS:
808-620-9591 / Fax 808-620-9599
To make a Uniform Information Practices Act (UIPA) request, please email: [email protected]
The Request (requirements)
- Must be in writing
- Have sufficient contact information for the agency to correspond with you
- Provide a reasonable description of the requested record
- State how you would like to receive the record (e.g. pick up copy, mail, e-mail, etc.)
You may use the State of Hawai`i Office of Information Practices’ form to submit your request: Request to access a government record
The Uniform Information Practices Act (Modified), chapter 92F, Hawaii Revised Statutes (“UIPA”), is Hawaii’s public records law. The Office of Information Practices (“OIP”) was created by the Legislature in 1988 to administer the UIPA.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (808) 620-9591
HALE PONO’I MEETING ROOM RESERVATION:
Answers questions of a general nature. Produces publications, exhibits and displays. Will help you locate the assistance you need.
If you unable to access the information on this website or require special accommodations, please contact [email protected] via email or call (808) 620-9591.
OTHER DEPARTMENT OF HAWAIIAN HOME LANDS DIVISIONS/OFFICES:
Office of the Chair
Jobie Masagatani, Chair
808-620-9501 / Fax 808-620-9529
William J. Aila, Jr., Deputy to the Chair
808-620-9502 / Fax 808-620-9529
The Hawaiian Home Lands Leadership Team has a very busy schedule serving our beneficiaries. If you would like to request a meeting with the leadership team, please provide the following information when placing your call to the above phone number:
- Individual/organization, title, address, phone, email, subject matter, length of time needed, main purpose/objective and attendees. Our scheduling staff will follow up with you as soon as possible.
Please note that incomplete information may delay processing of your request.
Land Development Division
808-620-9270 / Fax 808-620-9299
- Design and Construction Branch provides architectural and engineering design, surveying, construction supervision and other work essential for the development of subdivisions and on-site and off-site improvements and facilities.
- Housing Project Branch provides turn-key homes and assists lessees of vacant lots in arranging financing and in contracting with a builder, including self-help and Habitat programs.
- Master-Planned Community Branch prepares plans for entire communities, with homes, businesses, services, open space, recreational and cultural amenities. Prepares request for proposals and conducts negotiations in developer agreements for complete infrastructure and home construction projects.
Land Management Division
808-620-9450 / Fax 808-620-9479
Manages the department’s non-homestead land, income properties, and a comprehensive land inventory.
- Technical Services Branch provides technical services emphasizing the preparation of appraisals and the documentation of license and easement agreements. The branch is computerizing the land inventory.
- Land Management Branch manages the department’s lands not under homestead lease. Includes maintaining the lands and working with general lessees and licensees.
- Income Properties Branch develops DHHL’s non-homestead land for income purposes.
808-620-9480 / Fax 808-620-9559
Prepares studies required for future land development including archaeological, historic and environment concerns. Grants, scholarships, and legislative matters are also included in the Planning Office.
808-620-9560 / Fax 808-620-9559
Provides accounting, fiscal services and internal control systems for the department including collecting lease and loan payments and other receivables.
Administrative Services Office
808-620-9530 / Fax 808-620-9559
Provides personnel, program planning and budgeting, information and communication systems, internal management assistance and other support services for the department.
Homestead Services Division
Assists homestead lessees and applicants for homestead leases. Also offers loan services to qualified homestead lessees.
- Homestead Applications Branch (808-620-9220) helps beneficiaries apply for homestead leases. Provides application and Kumu Ohana (genealogy) verification forms and maintains the waiting lists for homestead awards.
- Loan Services Branch (808-620-9240) helps beneficiaries finance home construction. Offers loans for home repairs, farming and ranching and arranges repayment schedules. Seeks assistance from the private and public sectors for loan financing.
- District Operations Branch helps lessees and homestead applicants with a wide range of services. Six district offices also maintain homestead areas and facilities.
East Hawaii District Office
808-974-4250 / Fax 808-974-4255
160 Baker Avenue
Hilo, Hawaii 96720
West Hawaii District Office
808-887-6053 / Fax 808-887-6056
PO Box 125
Kamuela, Hawaii 96743
64-756 Māmalahoa Highway, Kamuela, HI, 96743
Maui District Office
808-760-5120 / Fax 808-760-5122
655 Kaumuali’i Street, Suite 1
Wailuku, Hawaii 96793
Molokai District Office
808-560-6104 / Fax 808-560-6665
PO Box 2009
Kaunakakai, Hawaii 96748
Oahu District Office
808-620-9250 / Fax 808-620-620-9269
PO Box 1879
Honolulu, Hawaii 96805
Kauai District Office
808-274-3131 / Fax 808-274-3133
3060 Eiwa Street, Room 203
Lihue, Hawaii 96766