Contact Center: (808) 620-9500
Hawaiian Homes Commission
Department of Hawaiian Home Lands
91-5420 Kapolei Parkway
Kapolei, Hawaii 96707
[Click for Map]
P.O. Box 1879
Honolulu, Hawai`i, 96805
Information and Community Relations Office:
To make a Uniform Information Practices Act (UIPA) request you may use the State of Hawai`i Office of Information Practices’ form and email the form to [email protected]
Office of the Chair
William J. Aila, Jr, Chair
808-620-9501 | Fax 808-620-9529
Tyler Iokepa Gomes, Deputy to the Chair
808-620-9502 | Fax 808-620-9529
Land Development Division: 808-620-9270 | Fax 808-620-9299
- Design and Construction Branch provides architectural and engineering design, surveying, construction supervision and other work essential for the development of subdivisions and on-site and off-site improvements and facilities.
- Housing Project Branch provides turn-key homes and assists lessees of vacant lots in arranging financing and in contracting with a builder, including self-help and Habitat programs.
- Master-Planned Community Branch prepares plans for entire communities, with homes, businesses, services, open space, recreational and cultural amenities. Prepares request for proposals and conducts negotiations in developer agreements for complete infrastructure and home construction projects.
Land Management Division: 808-620-9450 | Fax 808-620-9479
- Technical Services Branch provides technical services emphasizing the preparation of appraisals and the documentation of license and easement agreements. The branch is computerizing the land inventory.
- Land Management Branch manages the department’s lands not under homestead lease. Includes maintaining the lands and working with general lessees and licensees.
- Income Properties Branch develops DHHL’s non-homestead land for income purposes.
Planning Office: 808-620-9480 | Fax 808-620-9559
Fiscal Office: 808-620-9560 | Fax 808-620-9559
Administrative Services Office: 808-620-9530 | Fax 808-620-9559
- Homestead Applications Branch (808-620-9220) helps beneficiaries apply for homestead leases. Provides application and Kumu Ohana (genealogy) verification forms and maintains the waiting lists for homestead awards.
- Loan Services Branch (808-620-9240) helps beneficiaries finance home construction. Offers loans for home repairs, farming and ranching and arranges repayment schedules. Seeks assistance from the private and public sectors for loan financing.
- District Operations Branch helps lessees and homestead applicants with a wide range of services. Six district offices also maintain homestead areas and facilities.
East Hawaii District Office
808-974-4250 | Fax 808-974-4255
160 Baker Avenue
Hilo, Hawaii 96720
West Hawaii District Office
808-887-6053 | Fax 808-887-6056
PO Box 125
Kamuela, Hawaii 96743
64-756 Māmalahoa Highway, Kamuela, HI, 96743
Maui District Office
808-760-5120 | Fax 808-760-5122
655 Kaumuali’i Street, Suite 1
Wailuku, Hawaii 96793
Molokai District Office
808-560-6104 | Fax 808-560-6665
PO Box 2009
Kaunakakai, Hawaii 96748
Oahu District Office
808-620-9250 | Fax 808-620-620-9269
PO Box 1879
Honolulu, Hawaii 96805
Kauai District Office
808-274-3131 | Fax 808-274-3133
3060 Eiwa Street, Room 203
Lihue, Hawaii 96766