Professional Services: HALE Foreclosure Prevention Training
NOTICE TO PROVIDERS OF PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
This notice shall remain posted until May 11, 2015
Deadline for Submittals: 3:00 P.M. Hawaii Standard Time: May 11, 2015.
In accordance with §103D-304, HRS, the State of Hawaii, Department of Hawaiian Home Lands (DHHL), is seeking qualified service providers for the DHHL’s Homeownership Assistance and (financial) Literacy Education (HALE) Program. (GS-1720)
Lease Cancellation and Foreclosure Prevention Training and Counseling
Lease cancellation and foreclosure prevention training and counseling assists DHHL lessees in, or nearing, a situation of lease cancellation or mortgage foreclosure on Hawaiian home lands. The service provider shall offer services to financially assess and prepare lessees for the contested case hearings process. In addition, the providers shall offer services as required by the Decision and Order of the Hawaiian Homes Commission and assist lessees as needed to prepare and appear before the Hawaiian Homes Commission at adverse hearings.
Candidates must meet the following minimum specifications:
- Degree: that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in a field related to lease cancellation and foreclosure prevention training and counseling, of which at least 9 semester hours must have been in education courses.
- Combination of education and experience — at least 24 semester hours in a field related to lease cancellation and foreclosure prevention training and counseling, of which at least 9 semester hours must have been in education courses, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
- Four years of experience that demonstrated a thorough understanding of the principles and practices underlying lease cancellation and foreclosure prevention training and counseling. This experience must have been of such character and diversity to demonstrate that the service provider possesses an understanding of lease cancellation and foreclosure prevention training and counseling comparable to that normally acquired through successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university.
- Possess a clear understanding of options available for various loan products on Hawaiian Home Lands. (i.e loan modifications, loss mitigation services, etc.)
Any firms interested and capable of providing the professional service required must submit:
- A letter of interest,
- Information and evidence documenting experience and professional qualifications, past performance and capacity
- Two (2) professional references
- Documentation of resources to apply to the project.
The aforementioned documents will consist of your Statement of Qualifications.
Those individuals and service provider who submit their Statement of Qualifications under this category shall be evaluated using the following criteria:
Experience and Professional Qualifications (45 points)
- Education and training of staff (Please provide evidence of education and certifications)
- Overall experience in providing Lease Cancellation and Foreclosure Services to clients
Past Performance (30 points)
- Lease Cancellation and Foreclosure Services outcomes in the past 4 years
- Lease Cancellation and Foreclosure Services, types of services provided, in the past 4 years.
- Sample cases / reports
Capacity (25 points)
- Staffing, history of the firm
- Technical and administrative Staff
- Professional Staff
- Tools, Skills, Methods, Techniques
Timeline (subject to change)
- Public Notice – April 20, 2015
- Review Committee – May 15, 2015
- Selection Committee – June 1, 2015
- Contract Negotiations with top-ranked service provider – June 15, 2015
- Award – June 30, 2015
Vendor Certificates Required: Applicants must submit an original consolidated Certificate of Vendor Compliance as issued by the State Procurement Office via the online system, “Hawaii Compliance Express.” Details regarding this online application process may be viewed at: http://vendors.ehawaii.gov/hce/
Any award resulting from this solicitation shall be subject to DHHL’s standard General Conditions. A copy may be obtained from the contact information below.
Responses shall be mailed or hand delivered; submittals sent via email or facsimile will not be accepted. Applications shall be submitted to:
Department of Hawaiian Home Lands
Attn: Kamana‘o Mills
P.O. Box 1879
Honolulu, Hawaii 96805
CONTACT INFORMATION: Any inquiries regarding the above should be directed to Mr. Kamana’o Mills at (808) 620-9508 or via email at [email protected].