Chaminade Offers Hawaiian Home Lands ScholarshipsPosted on Aug 11, 2014 in Community News, Department of Hawaiian Home Lands, Public Information
Four-Year Scholarships: Native Hawaiian
Available for 2014-2015 Enrollment
Chaminade is a Native Hawaiian Serving Institution.
As a Native Hawaiian serving institution, we are proud to offer scholarships to students of Native Hawaiian ancestry. Residents of Hawaiian Home Lands and students attending Hawaiian language immersion schools may be eligible for the scholarships listed below.
The Department of Hawaiian Home Lands Opportunity Award is an institutional scholarship awarded to new first-year students or transfers. This generous award is renewable for a maximum of four years provided the student remains in good academic standing.
Applicant must be:
- A new incoming first-year or transfer student.
- A dependent of a current resident who holds a lease to a Hawaiian Home Lands property.
- Nominated by their Hawaiian Homestead Association President (includes a letter or recommendation).
- A United States citizen.
- A high school graduate admitted to Chaminade as an unconditional or conditional first year student with a cumulative high school GPA of at least 2.25, or, a prior college cumulative GPA of 2.50 for transfer students.
- Charged the maximum day-student tuition for the academic year.
- Complete 20 hours of community service per academic semester (40 hours per year) while attending Chaminade.
Students must apply for this scholarship prior to first enrolling in classes at Chaminade University.
For further details contact: