PV Class at KCC in time for Anahola Solar Jobs
Posted on Nov 15, 2012 in Community News
In December 2011, KIUC Renewable Solutions awarded a contract to REC Solar for a 12-megawatt solar farm. The project is being undertaken by the Homestead Community Development Corporation, a tax-exempt arm of the Anahola Hawaiian Homes Association. It will be built on 55 acres of Hawaiian Home Lands in Anahola. The $50 million project will create up to 100 local jobs and will help reduce Kauai’s dependency on fossil fuels.
Introduction to PV Solar Class at Kauaʻi Community College
Including Carpentry & Electricity Math Brush-Up
- 100 Anahola jobs expected to start Spring 2013
- Training begins December 3, 2012
Find out how you can be ready!
- Thursday, November 15th, 5:30pm at KCC-OCET Rm 106 or
- Friday, November 16th, 12noon at KCC-OCET Rm 105
- Learn about the Anahola Solar Energy Project and all the job opportunities
- Find out about the federally funded Intro to PV Solar Class and Carpentry and Electricity Math Brush-Up Class package December 3rd to 14th
Call KCC at (808) 245-8318 for more information.